Seaching iformation

German Kriegsmarine 1935-1945.
tedvin

Seaching iformation

Post by tedvin »

Hello everyone,i have a question regarding my Grandfader, he was in Norway in Kriegsmarine and there he meet my Grandmother :D I have his millitery card from Deutsche Dienststelle and there i can follow her carrer tru the war, but i wonder, he was late in 1944 transmittet to a 3.Kompanie Reserveoffizierbewerber-Bataillon 3 xxI (Heer) can enyone tell me more about this Kompanie? he was killed in Kempen/Wartheland in Polen 21.01.45, i also wonder where he is berried,if someone have iformatin about this i will be werry mutch pleased and happy....he have only a brother living to daay but he is not seyin mutch :( .His final rank in Kriegsmarine was Maschinist, can enyone thell me or show me a photo of a uniform whit his rank? i have his dogtag can someone tell me some about it? His name Rudolf Reiter 0.1602/38T,i dont have his dogtag from Heer, does he have this dogtag the hole time when he was in Kriegsmarine?
hucks216
Contributor

Re: Seaching iformation

Post by hucks216 »

Hi,
If you follow the link, this might be him - his date of death is just one month away from the date you gave and it lists him as killed in Kempen. I hope this helps.

http://www.volksbund.de/graebersuche//c ... 720B61DD5A
hucks216
Contributor

Post by hucks216 »

Further to my last post here is an organisation that traces the service histories of WW2 German troops (including Kriegsmarine), primarily for relatives. I think these are your best hope...

Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt)
Eichborndamm 167 – 179
13403 Berlin
Internet: http://www.dd-wast.de
Tel. +49 (030) 41904-0
Fax. +49 (030) 41904-100

Good luck with your search.
tedvin

Post by tedvin »

Tank you werry much, i have som information from Deutche Dienstelle that you telling about, that i seeking is information regarding his last Regiment and what his uniform look like when he was a Marskinist..
hucks216
Contributor

Post by hucks216 »

I can't help you with the unit I'm afraid but if you go to www.wehrmacht-awards.com and log into their forum they have an excellent Order Of Battle section. If you post a request in that I am sure that someone would soon have the information that you wish for.
tedvin

Post by tedvin »

Thank you for that exelent information, its werry usfull for me in the seeking for my Grandfather`s unith. :up: :D
tedvin

Post by tedvin »

if enyone have more information for me i will be werry happy :D