Uboot schemas

German Kriegsmarine 1935-1945.
Andrea
Supporter

Uboot schemas

Post by Andrea »

Hello everyone,

I'm using a sowtfare for 3D design and I'd like to "build" a german uboot.

Does anyone has some designs (front, top, side view) of a Type VIIC?

Thanks in advance

Andrea
Magnus
Contributor

Post by Magnus »

Hello Andrea.

There are a couple of good sources out there but it depends a little how detailed the information should be.

"Geschichte des deutschen Ubootbaus" Rössler, Eberhard, ISBN: 3469005079 , J. F. Lehmanns, 1975

This book has drawings and schematics of everything in a uboat, interior and exterior, some in nice A2-A3 size fold out. Rich in technical detail. The book is in german. See link below:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchR ... otbaus&x=0

"The Type VII U-Boat" Westwood, David, ISBN: 1591148863 , US Naval Institute Press; Revised edition, (July 2003)

This book gives a more general view of the type VII and does not put too much emphasis on the technical side. Focuses more on the exterior. The book is in english. See link below:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchR ... 48863&x=18

I hope that those suggestions will get you started.

Good luck with your project. :up:
Andrea
Supporter

Post by Andrea »

Thanks Magnus,

useful indications!
Unfortunately I do not know germa!!!

Have you got any image of suche schemas?

Andrea
SkyPilot

U-BOAT Evolution & Technical History of German Submarine

Post by SkyPilot »

A great source of U-boat diagrams, line drawings, etc. is Rossler's THE U-BOAT: The Evolution and Technical History of German Submarines. It's been out of print since 2001 and some booksellers are asking outrageous prices for it.

NEW copies are still available at: http://www.sonic.net/~books Here's the description:

Rossler, Eberhard THE U-BOAT: The Evolution and Technical History of German Submarines Cassell 2001 A massive and authoritative history of the planning, design, and construction of the German submarine force from the experimental types of the 19th century, through two world wars, to the modern submarines of the German Federal Navy. Describes every class of U-boat that entered service as well as many of the experimental craft that were still in development at the end of WWII. Comprehensive and long considered to be the definitive reference to German U boat design and development. Large 10"x10", photos, line drawings, diagrams, deck plans, 60+ data tabulations, charts, app., 384 pages. Revised and updated edition.
Last edited by SkyPilot on Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SkyPilot
Takeoffs are optional ...... landings are mandatory!
Andrea
Supporter

Post by Andrea »

Thanks,

usefull links!!!!

Thank you very much

Andrea