U boat Aces claimed tonnage.

German Kriegsmarine 1935-1945.
krichter33
Enthusiast

U boat Aces claimed tonnage.

Post by krichter33 »

I was wondering if anyone had a list of the original claimed tonnage of the top U boat aces, in comparison to the post war reduction. For example: Kretschmer claimed about 313,000 tones, after the war it was reduced to between 264,000 to 274,000. If anyone has a list of the original claims I will really appreciate it. Thank you.
Klaus Richter
Njorl
Contributor

Post by Njorl »

There is a list of U-boot aces and tonnage claimed here http://www.uboat.net/men/aces/, but I don't know wheter it is an original, or post-war one.

Hope this helps.
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

This is something ive missed out on - what were the criteria dor reduction - in the actual tonnage sunk, or in that specifically attributed to each commander? Am wondering cos id have thought the Lloyd's Register would have provided pretty acurate totals of tonnage sunk.....or was it the original claims matched AGAINST these totals that led to the reduction?

phylo
Troy Tempest
Enthusiast

Post by Troy Tempest »

Your second thought is the correct one phylo! By using the actual Register listing of lost tonnage vs claimed tonnage by the U-bootwaffe has resulted in a much more realistic tonnage claims list.

Troy
20.16 - mon, sydney
Hello from sunny Port Macquarie