Totenkopf Volume 2 by Yerger on Amazon.

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

krichter33
Enthusiast

Totenkopf Volume 2 by Yerger on Amazon.

Post by krichter33 »

Yerger's Totenkopf 2 from Helion is on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Totenkopf-Structu ... 0%3Ahelion
Klaus Richter
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Re: Totenkopf Volume 2 by Yerger on Amazon.

Post by John P. Moore »

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading my copy of Volume 2. The superior photo reproduction is consistent throughout the book and adds significantly to the overall quality. The author made the extra effort to ensure that each photo was of the highest possible image quality. No “dark” photos were noted. I believe that the photographic results here set a benchmark for other authors to strive for. After reading the introductory sections I spent several days studying the information in the 40 pages of end Notes. I found significant information that was useful in my own research and appreciate the depth of the author’s research. The first biography that I read was that of the war criminal Walter Reder. I was curious how the author would deal with Reder’s direct involvement with serious war crimes in Italy in 1944 since Mark Yerger in the past has been criticized by some for not including the participation in war crimes of some of the people and divisions that he writes about. I found the author’s description of Reder to be completely objective by including the facts of Reder’s involvement in the murder of hundreds civilians as determined by an Italian court of law and not being influenced by the HIAG who for many years claimed that Reder was innocent along with the notorious Rome Gestapo chief, Herbert Kappler. Volume 2 is a remarkable achievement that the author and those who assisted him can be proud of.