KAMPFGRUPPE MÜHLENKAMP 5. SS-Panzer-Division Wiking, Eastern Poland, July 1944

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Remy Spezzano

KAMPFGRUPPE MÜHLENKAMP 5. SS-Panzer-Division Wiking, Eastern Poland, July 1944

Post by Remy Spezzano »

Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp presents for the first time a sequential series of images taken by SS war correspondent Ernst Baumann in Eastern Poland during a two week period in July 1944. At this time the 5. SS-Panzer Division Wiking was engaged in counter-attacks against Soviet armored and cavalry forces following their crushing defeat of Army Group Center in Belarus during the Red Army's "Operation Bagration" summer offensive.

These stunning images of the Waffen-SS in action were scanned from the actual negatives and digitally enhanced and enlarged to bring out a previously unseen level of detail. Together with thoroughly researched text and captions as well as four military maps, the photos are shown in their proper sequence and matched with the dates and locations of the various engagements as they unfolded. The names of the officers appearing in the photos, and the troops, vehicles and weapons of the units under their command are documented in the accompanying narrative of the events which comprised the counterattacks at Kamieniec-Litevski and the relief of Gren. Btl. z.b.V. 560 on 22 July 1944.

North American Readers Can Order the book Direct from the publisher.
Or from your favorite military book dealer and Amazon as well.
http://www.rzm.com/books/rzm/rzmbk017.cfm
Attachments
kampfgruppe_muhlenkamp-1.jpg
kampfgruppe_muhlenkamp-1.jpg (159.94 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
Remy Spezzano

Re: KAMPFGRUPPE MÜHLENKAMP 5. SS-Panzer-Division Wiking, Eastern Poland, July 1944

Post by Remy Spezzano »

rzmbk017e.jpg
rzmbk017e.jpg (129.29 KiB) Viewed 7290 times
rzmbk017d.jpg
rzmbk017d.jpg (145.9 KiB) Viewed 7290 times
rzmbk017c.jpg
rzmbk017c.jpg (133.64 KiB) Viewed 7290 times
rzmbk017b.jpg
rzmbk017b.jpg (123.07 KiB) Viewed 7290 times
rzmbk017a.jpg
rzmbk017a.jpg (131.76 KiB) Viewed 7290 times
Remy Spezzano

Re: KAMPFGRUPPE MÜHLENKAMP 5. SS-Panzer-Division Wiking, Eastern Poland, July 1944

Post by Remy Spezzano »

The book is now at the printer and will be for sale in mid November.
We have bumped up the number of pages to 192 and added in more photos and several
very detailed Order of Battle charts for the Panther and SPW battalions.

In the Northeast the book can be ordered from the following dealers.
RZM Imports: http://www.rzm.com/books/rzm/rzmbk017.cfm

JJ Fedorowicz Publishing: http://www.jjfpub.mb.ca/index.php?page= ... t&Itemid=2

Aberdeen Bookstore: http://www.aberdeenbookstore.com/

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Kampfgruppe-Mühle ... acleint-20
Remy Spezzano

Post by Remy Spezzano »

Good News! The book has been printed and really does exist! I have posted some photos as proof.
It is due to be released in North America by mid February 2016, and the UK and Europe in early March.
Right now we are just patiently waiting for the shipment to arrive from the printer.

Having received an advance copy from the printer I'm really very happy with the quality, ex. silky smooth matt paper, tritone printing process, spot gloss varnish on each image, nice solid board for the cover with a matt lamination and spot UV gloss. This really is a PREMIUM photo book and a lot of time and money went into the research and production to get the final result. There is nothing like it on the market.

It's not everyday where you have an opportunity to publish some amazing photos big and clear thanks to having access to the original wartime negatives. In other words, this really is a dream project where the end product has exceeded my expectations. I hope all those who decide to own a copy will enjoy learning about this elite battle group tasked with the mission of rescuing a doomed Army battalion which had no chance of escaping the Russian encirclement. The story behind the battle and the photographer who captured the entire event on film over a course of several days is really interesting and this is the first time ever that the story has been told in any language since July 1944.
Attachments
KGM sample 9.jpg
KGM sample 9.jpg (284.13 KiB) Viewed 6741 times
Remy Spezzano

Post by Remy Spezzano »

Sample pages 1
Attachments
KGM sample 4.jpg
KGM sample 4.jpg (579.53 KiB) Viewed 6741 times
tigre
Patron

Post by tigre »

Thanks for the tip Remy and all the best with it :up:. Cheers. Raúl M 8).
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.
Remy Spezzano

Post by Remy Spezzano »

Gentlemen I am happy to report that the books are now in our warehouse!
We have begun processing all the pre-orders and should have everything shipped out by early next week.
Thanks again for your patience.

Attention customers in the UK and Europe!
There is a shipment on it's way to our distributor Casemate in the UK.
They should have the books in stock sometime in mid March.
We have sent a decent amount of stock to the distributor but it would be best if you placed your order now with your favorite book seller to guarantee getting a copy. After waiting this long it would be a shame if the book was already sold out when you try to order it.
Attachments
Now in stock 1.jpg
Now in stock 1.jpg (324.36 KiB) Viewed 6510 times
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

The long-awaited book arrived today. I first made a cup of good coffee and along with a couple of Lindt dark chocolate truffles, I spent the afternoon thoroughly enjoying this excellent book. Even after seeing the draft, the final product greatly exceeded my expectations. Well done!!

The amount of research that went into the production of this book is very evident and I am well-aware of the scope of the authors’ research. Both authors personally knew many of the surviving veterans of Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp who are featured in this book and that personal connection is apparent. The text is extremely well-written and the superb photos are accompanied by detailed captions. Most people appearing in the photos are correctly identified and considerable effort was expended to accomplish that. Remy has already described the special process used in creating all of these photos, most of which have not been seen before, ready for printing. The difference in image quality between what the reader will see in this book and the typical Waffen-SS book is remarkable. I believe that this book can serve as a positive example for other authors and publishers who desire to strive to create the best possible completed piece of work. This book is also fine example of an original piece of work on the Waffen-SS when it seems that more and more people are writing about the same tired old themes.

I highly recommend this 192-page book. It is reasonably priced at USD 85, however, people can receive a 25% discount by ordering directly from RZM.
Remy Spezzano

Post by Remy Spezzano »

Attention readers in the UK and Europe!
The wait is over! Just spoke yesterday with our distributor Casemate UK,
and they have confirmed the books have safely arrived in their warehouse
and they will be shipping orders next week or March 16, 2016 to be exact.
Remy Spezzano

Post by Remy Spezzano »

UPDATE for North America!

As expected we are just about sold out. I have less then 120 copies left for sale.

We have stopped supplying books to Amazon USA. As of today they have less then 90 copies left for sale. Once Amazon sells through their stock that will be it. The book will only be available from dealers like RZM, Aberdeen Bookstore or Fedorowicz Mail Order in Canada.

The window to buy a copy from Amazon at their usual discount will be closing soon and there are no plans for an immediate reprint.
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Remy - I am not at all surprised that your outstanding book is selling out so quickly. I really appreciate my copy of this special book.