Book about German manufacturer codes of WW2 !!

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

GGG

Book about German manufacturer codes of WW2 !!

Post by GGG »

Hello everybody!

After a long time of work my book "Deutsche Fertigungskennzeichen bis 1945" about the secret German manufacturer codes up to 1945 is finished.
Maybe someone is interested in it.

Although this topic has been dealt with before, the extent and utility of previous treatments has not been complete in the existing literature. My new book, resulting from long term research, will serve all collectors and military historians as a primary reference for identifying the manufacturers on weapons, ammunition and every kind of military equipment (clothes, pouches, helmets, medals and so on).

The book has more than 500 pages, is sorted in two ways (after codes and after company-names), contains all military code systems (early abbreviations, number-codes, letter-codes, LDO-numbers for medals & insignias and the RZM-numbers for NSDAP- & SS-equipment). I have also added about three pages with identified codes following "ozz" (like "swj" for Steyr and so on). There are many mistakes in names and addresses in the old lists. I have check EVERY name and address, so I hope to have limited the mistakes to the minimum.

The text-part is written in German and English language.
It's very important to know the background and the development of the code systems. I have found many original documents in archives to reproduce the way of the development step by step.

There is no commercial distribution planned to dealers outside Germany, so if someone might be interested, I can only send books from me. It's not a business, just a hobby.

The price is 30,- EUR in Germany incl. shipping.
In Europe it's 35,- EUR incl. shipping.
To the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan it's 63 USD by airmail incl. shipping.

With best wishes from Germany
Michael Heidler

e-mail: [email protected]
Attachments
Codebook_1.JPG
Codebook_1.JPG (75.22 KiB) Viewed 6270 times
Need a good book about German WW2 manufacturer codes? => get one from the author: >> [email protected] <<
Please visit my website: http://codebuch.jimdo.com
GGG

Re: Book about German manufacturer codes of WW2 !!

Post by GGG »

Some more pics:
Attachments
Codebook_3.JPG
Codebook_3.JPG (96.66 KiB) Viewed 6263 times
Codebook_english.jpg
Codebook_english.jpg (74.48 KiB) Viewed 6263 times
Codebook_2.JPG
Codebook_2.JPG (95.67 KiB) Viewed 6263 times
Codebook_Contents.jpg
Codebook_Contents.jpg (130.37 KiB) Viewed 6262 times
Need a good book about German WW2 manufacturer codes? => get one from the author: >> [email protected] <<
John W. Howard

Post by John W. Howard »

Wow!! Very nice!! This subject has needed not only a listing, but research too. Excellent work.
John W. Howard
panzermahn
Associate

Post by panzermahn »

Hi Michael

I think what you had done is a true labor of love as with most of the authors in such field. I believed your book would be the standard reference on this subject

Panzermahn
GGG

Post by GGG »

Hello,
many thanks for the kind words! :D

Well, it took me seven years of research to finish that book ... and also it took a long time to find a publisher. Now I'm trying to make my book known, because the publisher is not doing any advertisement. I'm not doing it for business and there is no chance to earn money with it, but it's a hobby and good feeling to have an own book

If someone is interested, I can also sign the books ... (for free of course).

With best wishes from Germany
Michael
GGG

Post by GGG »

Hi everybody!
I just want to let you know that my publisher has printed new books. It wasn't easy because there is not much money to earn, but finally they agreed to make a second print run. Please note that it's not a second edition. The content is unchanged.

If someone couldn't get one during the past month because it was sold out ... please feel free to contact me. It's available again.

Price is still the same (63 USD by airmail incl. postage on your own risk or 66 USD for a registered and insured airmail-package).

With best wishes
Michael
([email protected])
GGG

Post by GGG »

I just want to let you know that the new 4th edition is now available.

With best wishes
Michael
Attachments
Codebook_1.jpg
Codebook_1.jpg (252.68 KiB) Viewed 3290 times