SS-Kavallerie Veteran Publications

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Re: SS-Kavallerie Veteran Publications

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Amongst other stuff I ordered recently his Wir funkten. Geschichte der Funk-Kompanie, Nachrichtenabteilung 8 Florian Geyer...will tell if it fullfills my big expectations when I have it in my hands :D :D

:[]

Jan-Hendrik
Marc Rikmenspoel
Enthusiast

Post by Marc Rikmenspoel »

Jan-Hendrik wrote:Amongst other stuff I ordered recently his Wir funkten. Geschichte der Funk-Kompanie, Nachrichtenabteilung 8 Florian Geyer...will tell if it fullfills my big expectations when I have it in my hands :D :D

Jan-Hendrik
Wir funkten is the only one I have from Wachter, and it is a nice "scrapbook." It has good photos of some of the commanders that I wish were reproduced in larger size. But it is all rare material I haven't seen elsewhere, and for that I recommend it.
Charles Trang
Supporter

Post by Charles Trang »

"Wir funkten" is really ouststanding and worth its money. However, I would have liked it to have a bigger size so the photos would not have been printed so small. I wonder if it has ever existed as a "real" book because Hans-Otto Wachter's photocopies are sometimes poor in terms of quality. It's a shame because his whole collection of books is fantastic.
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Got it..and I am happy that I have ordered it :D :D

Welll spent monex, indeed! By the way, Carles, I tried to order your book here in Germany for an acceptable price, but it failed, th eother copies around by he usual sites should cost around 80 or 90 Euros :evil:

Jan-Hendrik
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Jan-Hendrik - I am glad to hear that you received your copy of "wir funkten" and that you liked it. I am curious to know if the printing has changed with the newest version. I have a copy of the original version that was printed by a commercial source on glossy paper, about 2/3 the width of A4 paper. "...und nur dafür!" is also printed on the same size of glossy paper. After that Hans Otto Wachter did all the printing and binding himself using A4 paper. Wachter gave me his last copy of "wir funkten" during my first visit with him in October 1992.
Wir-Funkten.jpg
Wir-Funkten.jpg (66.38 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Dear John, be sure that I am a bit jealous :D

My one ios on normal paper, the size is still the same. Interestingly I talked with him just 30 min. ago :shock:

For the first set of copies he still had a "Finanzier", a comrade from the Kavallerie :wink: We plan to visit him in early 2009 8)

:beer:

Jan-Hendrik
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

The last two sendings I received:

Jan-Hendrik
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

In case anyone is wondering, Hans Otto Wachter is still around and his publications are available. Last week I received an e-mail from the relative of an SS-Kavallerie Rgt. 16 veteran who had recently visited him in his home.

John
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Since I keep receiving many inquiries about these publications I have posted today a copy of Herr Wachter's brochure here and people can contact him directly. I am not his agent and people must order these publications directly from the publisher.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=32924

John
dantudor1971

SS KAVALERIE DIVISION ,,FLORYAN GEYER"

Post by dantudor1971 »

Hello my frieds,
I am new on this site but i find here a lot of informations about ww2.
I live in Romania , Transilvania , in town named IERNUT , MURES -county.
In september -october 1944 , near this town it was a big battle between romanian army and SS 8 Kavalerie Division ,,Florian Geyer" troops.10.000 romanian soldiers died in this place.I can offer you , if you want , pictures from war memorial an war cemetery who was builded there.But here i cant find graves for german troops!
Anybody can give me some pictures from SS 8 Kavalerie Division ,,Florian Geyer" archive or significant informations about the troops(officers and soldiers ) who fight in this place?
Thanks for your response in anticipate.
Best regards!
Dan