Former Waffen-SS Member's Web Page

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Former Waffen-SS Member's Web Page

Post by John P. Moore »

If I am not mistaken, Dr. Adalbert Lallier is the first former member of the Waffen-SS to have his own Web site.

http://adalbertlallier.com/book

Dr. Lallier was a former member of the 7.SS-Freiwilligen Gebirgs Division “Prinz Eugen” after 1942 and was attending officer school in Leitmeritz where he witnessed a war crime in April 1945 that becomes the focus for his latest book,
“I Swear to You, Adolf Hitler, Fealty and Obedience: Sin and Retribution 2”. Dr. Lallier was the primary witness for the prosecution at the trial of the former Untersturmführer Julius Viel in Germany in 2001 that resulted in a conviction. The other officer school classmates who witnessed the crime all had memory lapses when called to testify before the court. I met Dr. Adalbert Lallier in Montreal in 1996 while attending a telecommunications convention after having been referred to him by one of his former comrades from the “Prinz Eugen” that I had met at a veteran’s reunion in Germany. In 1999 Dr. Lallier wrote the Foreword for my publication, “Führerliste der Waffen-SS”. Dr. Lallier has since retired as a university professor in Canada and is now publishing books under his own name in both printed and e-book format. I believe that he writes from a perspective not seen previously in books about the Waffen-SS and I recommend them.

John
John W. Howard

Re: Former Waffen-SS Member's Web Page

Post by John W. Howard »

Great post and link, John!!
John W. Howard