SS-Sturmmann Martin Mueller

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

RKendeigh

SS-Sturmmann Martin Mueller

Post by RKendeigh »

Trying to find some information and fill in some gaps in our family mystery about my Uncle Martin Mueller (Muller), this is the English spelling as my keyboard doesn’t have the ability to make the umlaut.
He was born 26 Oct 1925 in Buchbrunn, Germany. Family history has it that sometime during the summer of 1944. Martin returned from school and said he had been selected for the Waffen SS. After this he came home sometime in either Dec 44 or Jan 45, while he was waiting for his train in Wurzburg, which is only 20 or so miles. My mother , who was 5 at the time and remembers him being in uniform and having put his rifle in the corner before giving her a doll he had bought for her. My Grandfather later took him to the Bahnhof, in Wurzburg. There was some issue with the train having left earlier or not coming. Martin got onto a train and was never heard from again. Only item the family has is a picture in his uniform and I saw that he was wearing a uniform with SS runes.
I wrote to the Deutsch Dienstselle Berlin several months ago and just received some information. Hoping someone could help fill in some gaps and answers to some question?
What information we have is that he was assigned as an SS-Sturmmann to 7th Kom SS-Grenadier Regt 21. He was wounded in the left arm on 20 Apr 1944 near Przewloka, Poland.
After this the paperwork we were sent has -863- 4. Ersatz Polzei Infantry Regt 2 followed by him being assigned to Feldpost 26966A= Stab SS Grenadier Regt 21 in Jan 1945.
After this there are no records of him as either MIA of KIA. The Dienstselle Berlin has said that records are incomplete and some may be found at a later date.
Question? Is it possible that after he was wounded that he was assigned as a replacement to the Polzei Regt 2. Was that unit also SS?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated by not only myself but to his surviving brothers and sisters in Germany.
Attachments
Martin Mueller.jpg
Martin Mueller.jpg (333.03 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
RKendeigh

Re: SS-Sturmmann Martin Mueller

Post by RKendeigh »

The SS-Polizei Regt 2 was on the Eastern Front until Dec 1944. Could he have been assigned to them, after he was wounded, and after the unit moved back to the west in Dec 1944 been reassigned back to the 10th SS?