Executed-7 Unknown German soldiers/Oct 1944Hungary

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

alan newark
Supporter

Executed-7 Unknown German soldiers/Oct 1944Hungary

Post by alan newark »

http://www.weltkriegsopfer.de/Ermordete ... rn_21.html

SCHICKSLALE in World War 2

Murdering German soldiers / Bucsa Eastern Hungary in October 1944

By: Gabriella Kiss

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am Hungarian-born and have lived in Germany since 1987. My birthplace is located in eastern Hungary. There is a small village with about 3000 inhabitants and is Bucsa (Békés). I often visit my parents and my sisters there and have a special relationship with this place.

During my stay in early October Bucsa I received a book in which the story is told of the village. In an NEM section of the book, the author Endre Bíró busy, like the villagers of the second Have experienced World War II. Among other things, he remembers who was executed at seven German soldiers who are in a very modest grave at the edge of the old village cemetery. This long-forgotten story has touched me deeply. Mr. Biro has since researched and accurate spoken with people who have seen or hidden at the time the soldiers, they got me a new face.

Back in the 60s when I first heard this execution history, phantoms I had before my eyes: big, bad men in long coats and helmets that looked like stew pot. I was a Hungarian child who was manipulated by the Russian propaganda machine. As a pioneer, I have often maintained with the grave of my comrades killed five Russian soldiers. Once our teacher said that we needed to bring the German grave in order. We had very little understanding, but the teacher has said that they were also young people who have been sent into an unjust war, so we have to respect them. This attitude was exceptional for us, but with this argument convincing, and we have also maintained after the grave of German soldiers.

Now, when I read the passages of the history of the seven German soldiers in this book, I see seven blonde, very young people, the beginning of October 1944 in sodden clothes are cold and timid knock on the window of a farmhouse on a farmstead in order to stay for a night to get to dry their clothes and get something to eat. In the opinion of the residents they did not even have a gun.

After a few days they were taken in this area. As they were unarmed, they have offered no resistance.

Thus, in the execution book is described:
"They were included in the Protestant Church and guarded. We do not know whether their brief captivity has been documented in some way. The names are unknown to date.

After a few days, they were accompanied by armed Russian troops in the direction Kisbucsa. They welcomed the curious with a gentle smile and wave, even though they have probably guessed what she expected.

Some people have seen from the attic, what happened to the seven nice, not very tall, blond young soldiers. Many were crying.

At the dam the channel Berettyó they were shot by firing squad. From the shots of the machine guns of the residents were shocked Bucsa. They knew what was happening. The provisions of the Geneva Convention did not exist in this godforsaken country.

Here they were from the local "helpers" buried, after they "liberated" the soldiers of boots and other clothing and personal items were. A soldier had a wristwatch, which was also taken away. In the village, everyone knew who was wearing this clock for years after the war. "

The bodies were buried at the execution at best. In 1947 they were found by a man who came home from American captivity and this, not yet edited field pieces bought, where the soldiers lay. He told me that the Russians and their helpers from the village have not even taken the trouble to dig a grave. The bodies were covered with a thin layer of soil. The remains were then buried in the cemetery next to five dead Russian soldiers. In erzkommunistischen times they could no longer stay there. They were exhumed and buried in a new grave, where they are now, without name, without identity.

Who were they? Mothers, siblings could never learn what happened to their loved ones. They were expected by wives or children at home?

Mr. Bíró has a remarkable theory. I quote him again:
"Seven German soldiers rest in the cemetery of Bucsa. Seven young men who have fallen in the storm of war somehow in this area. Whether they have lost their unity, which fled from the Russians, we can not know the number seven can imagine another way. Each fighter had seven-member staff. It could be that the crew of a downed pilot channel at the Berettyo Borz and crossed to a farm in Kisbucsa (small towns in this area) sought accommodation. To these questions we get hardly any response after more than sixty years. "

I had a faint recollection of stories that was mentioned here at the Borz (a portion of the Puszta near Bucsa) long after the war, an abandoned military aircraft. I asked my father if this is true, or whether this is just a pipe dream. He has said that it's true. The Not very inventive in the population of the postwar period, this machine has exploited fully. Spare parts, metal pieces, all were able to move what they have taken them to get something to tinker it. The rest were scrapped as metal waste.

How ever the beginning of October 1944 was a German military plane in this area that was already occupied by the Russians? Have they lost? The largest part of the country is still occupied by the Germans. In Budapest Ferenc Szalasi crashes with a fascist military coup, the Horthy government who wanted to agree with the Russians. What happened in our neighboring Eastern European countries? The Romanian border is 75 km away from this place, but since August 1944, Romania was a Russian ally. Serbia is also not very far. They were sent there to fight? Or simply to Hungary? This use was documented somewhere? They were not shot down. The emergency landing aircraft was reportedly not damaged. The emergency landing was smooth, probably because of technical errors or lack of fuel. The crew remained unharmed. I am looking for questions that may never be answered maybe.

There is a story that could be considered as an indication:
A young girl in the 60 years he has found work in a ring box. The field piece of the family lay in the immediate vicinity of the shooting location next to the narrow dirt road, where the soldiers were led to execution. It may be that one of them, as he suspected that his life here comes to an end, the ring has thrown away unnoticed, because he did not want his precious family jewelry or engagement ring comes into foreign hands. It was a very nice, overweight men gold ring. The girl was a saleswoman in a store, and the ring has shown many people. But I believe that they could make it two rings, one ring but has the visual character of the old ring preserved. In my memory there is a thick gold ring with an embedded rectangular black onyx stone with rounded corners. It could be that I am wrong and this picture comes from somewhere else and nothing to do with this thing has. I was about eight years old, and this is a very long time ago. Perhaps this finding with the murdered soldier has to do anything. The people who have found accommodation in which the soldiers can perhaps say more about this thing. If one worn by the Germans in a conspicuous ring? Or the girl from back then, now about 60 years old, can perhaps say that the ring was really like, and whether anything was engraved in it.

What about the looted objects? The "Lord", who wore the clock is no longer alive. But his daughter may have this "gift" yet. If so, then the question remains whether they would be willing to cooperate.

The simplest method would obviously be a DNA comparison with family members who are looking for lost family members during the war. But an exhumation would be inhuman, because these poor soldiers already have a Beerdigungsodyssee behind. You should finally rest in peace.

Mr. Bíró In 2005, a letter to the German Embassy in Budapest with a request to make a grave stone for the murdered soldiers, instead of the shabby wooden cross (see photo). The Russian soldiers in the cemetery have a beautiful tomb. Their relatives were identified after the war and financially supported to visit the grave can.

Mr. Bíró got from the German Embassy no long answer. When he inquired, a letter arrived, informing the Military Erbeck has that he has forwarded the letter to the German War Graves Commission. After a short time I received an e-mail from Germany by the German War Graves Commission with an offer to exhume the dead and change beds on the German military cemetery in Budapest. This letter shows that Mr. Frank Reining by the German War Graves Commission was unaware of this grave also. The letter was posted, did not even bother to name the place Bucsa, where the soldiers are buried to write properly, instead he wrote Busco. Mr. Biro was angered by this callousness, and in response, he has rejected this offer.

During this time the Saints we remember our dead. These soldiers are the nameless dead of the village. They have also in this period its 62nd Date of death. We should not treat them unjustly, only because they were at that time on the wrong side. Lose your life as meaningless, and treated in life and in death to be so unfair, I find it very cruel, and I've promised myself to do something for these deaths. Perhaps the hope of establishing their identity or to find relatives still, after 62 years, a utopian idea, but a grave stone they had already earned.

With kind regards,

Gabriella Kiss
www.dpcamps.org (1st Vice-President)
panzermahn
Associate

Re: Executed-7 Unknown German soldiers/Oct 1944Hungary

Post by panzermahn »

Hi Alan

Thanks for sharing this forgotten war crime

Panzermahn