Veterans SS Nordwest who served in Holland

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

chambers
Contributor

Re: Veterans SS Nordwest who served in Holland

Post by chambers »

Wow, what a project. Kudos to you!
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

The remake of the documentary in English, is scheduled for september 14 in the local cinema. The dvd is for sale from that moment on. I used some real footage of the Wachtbataljon from Amersfoort and one of the former members is telling part of the story. Furthermore I used the story of Haen2 as a guideline. I used my own voice to talk the viewers through. The study however is not finished yet but there was no time left to go to Koblenz and Berlin. That will be the next move in the story.
Thank you all for helping me this far.
Regards,
HermanKritonner
Could I ask the name of the documentary in English please? I will keep an look out for it here in North America and even better if I could find it to buy.

"Ditto" to what Chambers says.
Annelie

Post by Kritonner »

Yes, it's in English this time. Still lots of Dutch but with subs.
Kritonner

Post by Kritonner »

New project starts in a few weeks. Several museums in Holland and Aspekt Publishing have agreed to conduct a survey into the Dutch SS Wachtbataljon 3 located in Amersfoort. The information from Haen2 on Feldgrau is the start and the archives in Holland and Germany will be the end. The project will take a year and has to result in a documentary and a book. The release is scheduled for September 2013. The focus will be on the 40-45 years ofcourse but the deployment of the Dutch SS in the Indonesian War in the late 40's will be part of the project too. I'll keep you all posted.
Kritonner

Post by Kritonner »

Today, the Dutch army and some volunteers searched the Ginkel Heath battleground for remains of both British and Dutch SS soldiers. No succes I'm afraid but we did find lots of ammunitiond and a SS ring. I was there to film the intro of the Dutch SS film. 70 years after the fighting died down, we still don't know what happened there. In a few weeks I will visit the |Dutch National Archives to study the files of Paul Helle. Furthermore some evidence is found that the well known pictures and filmreels of Germans shooting at paratroopers were indeed filmed on Ginkel Heath. I'll keep you all posted ofcourse.
regards, Herman