General von Tippelskirch at French armistice meeting???

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Shawn
Supporter

General von Tippelskirch at French armistice meeting???

Post by Shawn »

I’m looking at Volume 2 right now of the good old Illustrated WWII Encyclopedia (how many people “discovered” WWII via this great 24-volume set…used to be under the publisher Marshal Cavendish!) and I found this interesting reference to the initial arrival of the French armistice delegation:

“At 1530 hours on the following day General von Tippelskirch, head of the Führer’s G.H.Q. staff, led the French delegates into Marshal Foch’s railway carriage, which the Germans had moved to the clearing at Rethondes. There they found, standing at the Nazi salute, Hitler, Ribbentrop, Hess, Göring, Keitel, and Raeder.”

Question: Was this then Generalleutnant Kurt von Tippelskirch, the O.Qu. IV of the Army General Staff? I can't find any other references or photos that otherwise indicate a “General von Tippelskirch” was at this initial meeting.

Thanks for any assistance!

Shawn
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Not sure if this is helpful at all, but here's a reference to him from the bios on the main site:

Kurt von Tippelskirch
Shawn
Supporter

Post by Shawn »

Thanks Jason! Again, the officer/KC database is a GREAT addition to the site. Well done!

Regards,
Shawn
Dr. Sandy Mitcham

Post by Dr. Sandy Mitcham »

Yes, it was the same General von Tippelskirch. He was, for a relatively short time, attached to the French Armistice Commission.
Bruno
Supporter

Tippelskirche

Post by Bruno »

You might find this link of interest.

http://www.bridgend-powcamp.fsnet.co.uk ... skirch.htm
Dr. Sandy Mitcham

Post by Dr. Sandy Mitcham »

Dear Bruno:

Thank you very much for recommending this most interesting and informative site.

Sincerely,
Sandy Mitcham