SS-Obersturmführer (?) Bruns van Houten

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Mirko B
Supporter

SS-Obersturmführer (?) Bruns van Houten

Post by Mirko B »

Hi
Looking for more Info on the Dutch SS Officer Bruns van Houten.
The reason is that i have read somewhere he was listed in SS.Pz.Rgt Westland (Wiking) in 1944-45. But i have found his name in a Diary from a Officer in I.SS.Pz.Gren.Btl Norge in Nowo Olszewnica Stara (Modlin,Poland) in December 1944,some weeks before the Btl was moved to Hungary.
What is the true ? Did he had a brother that served in Btl.Norge ?
Thanks in advance
Mirko B
Mirko B
Supporter

correction

Post by Mirko B »

Hi
Sorry it should be SS.Pz.Gren.Rgt 10 Westland - sorry
Mirko
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

Hallo Mirko,

SS-Untersturmführer Bruns van Houten (Danzig, 07.08.1924) graduated from SS-J.Sch.Tölz in November 1944 and was killed in action as SS-Untersturmführer in 3./Pz.GR.23 near Vasztely on 05.01.1945.

I guess Bruns is a nickname as he is listed in the Volksbund database as Untersturmführer Bruno Jan Bernd Reinhold van Houten (Danzig, 07.08.1924 - Vasztely, 05.01.1945). His body has never been recovered.

Hope this helps (I guess you allready have this info).

Regards,
Timo
Mirko B
Supporter

Wow

Post by Mirko B »

Hi Timo,
Thank you very much for your help - splendid. That means now i can include another guy into 3./ NORGE for sure.Interesting to see he was killed at Vasztely. In that Village the last preperations was made for the night attack to Bicske -I./Norge and SS.Pz.Rgt 5. He was involved in some sort of "Kriegsgerichtverhandlung" on 11.12.44 and returned to his 3./Norge on 22.12.44....Any idea what it could have been about ?

Great help Timo - thanks

regards Mirko
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

My pleasure Mirko. Looking forward to read the fruits of your research...and see a model related to it? ;)