SS-Sturmbannführer Rudolf Falkenhahn

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

charlie don't surf
Associate

SS-Sturmbannführer Rudolf Falkenhahn

Post by charlie don't surf »

Who was Falkenhahn, is it a pseudonym? It appears so since i haven't found any proof of his existence.
SS Major Rudolf Falkenhahn, whose company of 130 men had been reduced to 58 by April 9. They had knocked out nine tanks on the 8th and 11 on the 9th. The morning of April 10 would test the best of them...
...Although he was only 23, Falkenhahn had served previously with the Fallschirmjäger (paratroops) at Fort Eban Emael, Norway and Crete before transferring to the army and later the SS. He had three years of Eastern Front experience, and the Knights Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords testified to his fighting skill.
from: http://www.theblitz.org/articles/histor ... .php?id=54

regards
joscha
WWII Vet

Falkenhahn

Post by joscha »

I remember a well-known historical name: Falkenhayn. :? Could somebody have misspelled that name and you hit a brick wall because of this error?

My best. Joscha
Sigurd Helge
Supporter

Post by Sigurd Helge »

Charlie and Joscha,

No SS-Sturmbannführer named "Falkenhahn" ever recieved the swords let alone the RK att all...

The "well known historical name" Falkenhayn was of course General Erich von Falkenhayn, the "infamous" German CGS during the WW 1 Verdun campaign and no RK (39-45) winner.
There was in fact a Falkehayn who recieved the RK during WW 2:
Lt Günther von Falkenhayn, fhr. 7./Jäger-Rgt.75. who won the RK on the 11th of November 1942 but he doesn't "fit" into the story either.
(ref: Fellgiebels "Die Träger Des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945 and Schneiders "Verleihung Genehmigt!")

The text that you refer to, Charlie, seems either to be pure fiction and/or fairy-tales or that an "alias" is being used which seems highly, highly unlikely since I know of no former para who became a SS-Stubaf and "Schwerterträger"!.

Regards,

~Sigurd
GMY
~Sigurd Helge

"Believe those who seek the truth. Doubt those who claim they've found it"
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

It's a very interesting story anyway, perhaps someone here has read the book? Does anyone know about the author Colin D. Heaton, is he reliable?

I wish to thank you for trying to help me out!

best regards/ daniel