Liebald in I.SS.Pz.Gren.Btl Norge 1944-45

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Mirko B
Supporter

NORGE

Post by Mirko B »

Björn,
Here what i find in the files of Strömsnes :
Oskar Strömsnes
born 26.3.20 (you wrote 26.9.20 ?? ) in Narvik
Lenght . 179 cm
language : Norwegian and German
School 7 year +5 year highschool
Bad Tölz between 15.6 43 -1.10.43.
Arbeitsdienst 2 year as a Feldmeister
He became a Ustuf on 9.11.44.

Maybe you know his problem in Urkut ?

BTW : Do you have any picture of Granberg that was killed at Bicske in early 45 ?

Mirko
Björn
Supporter

Strømsnes

Post by Björn »

Hello!
I am not sure of the correct birth date, nor is my father, but I always heard September. That date you refer to, was found in the "Gräberfürsorge" web archive.
I am not sure of the 5 years high school, he did attend the 6th Division officers training course in 35 or 36. One of his mates there was Einar Høve, I spoke yesterday to his brother who confirmed this. He did attend "gymnas", which is more or less equal to high school, but that was for 2 or 3 years.
Yes, I have heard of the (or at least a incident) incident I belive you are thinking of, but I am not sure if it was in Urkut. (???)

Thank you very much for the info anyway! I will see if I have any picture of Granberg.

PS I heard yesterday about another KIA Ustuf from Narvik called Leithe. He was said to have belonged to "Norge"/Div Nordland. Do you happen to have info on him?

B.
Mirko B
Supporter

NORGE

Post by Mirko B »

Björn,
The files i refer to is written by himself (?) in the "personalakt" (BDC).
Here its written by him (?) birthdate 26.3.20.
And : Volkschule 7 J. Höhere Schule 5 J.
Beruf: Jetzt RAD Führer
1.7.39 WH Oberf.

About Leithe...hmmm..no i dont think i have heard about him ..not in I./Norge 44-45 anyway.

Granberg was one of the Norwegian guys that get killed in the stupid attack on Bicske Jan.45. A decicion from Vogt..he was wild..and send the guys out over and over again during one night to take the very important Bicske. Well thats another story...
Mirko