Superiority of races?Quote by Admiral Doenitz

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Eric Ertman

Superiority of races?Quote by Admiral Doenitz

Post by Eric Ertman »

"One should never try to find in the fighting men and the people of an ally the same characteristics as one believes oneself to pocess. The ways of life and thought, the whole upringing and training of their soldiers were different from ours. One's dealings with allies, therefore, should be free of prejudice, devoid of any semblance of superiority and should be conducted with great tact ... "they must find out their own shortcomings for themselves,must themselves seek the advantages to be derived from our previous excperience and should not be confronted with these matters too suddenly or too brutally".

Quote from Admiral Doenitz Memoirs regarding the training of Italian Submraine crew for the battle of the Atlantic

A lesson to be learned or... .

Eric
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I don't sense the least amount of "superiority of races" in that statement at all.
Eric Ertman

Post by Eric Ertman »

Poorly chosen subject title on my behalf. I consider Doenitz to have been a "level headed" Admiral who excelled in his duties and I found his statement regarding the handling of his allies praiseworthy.

Regards,Eric