Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.
Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:34 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Can anyone provide me information of military career for the following:
Leutnant 01.09.38 PIONTEK Claus 24.09.1917-23.03.1943 (Pz.Reg.15) Hauptmann (01.12.42)
Only information I know is
- Zugfuhrer (Leutnant) of 3.Zug / 3.Kompanie / I.Abteilung / Panzer-Regiment.15 in 03.01.1939
- Kdr. (Hauptmann) for III.Abteilung / Panzer-Regiment.15 in 1942-1943???
Thanks in advance,
- Posts: 187
- Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:23 am
- Location: Westbury, Wiltshire, UK.
Apollo, while I can't help you with the man I can help you with all those question marks after "III./PR15". All of the Panzer Divisions of Army Group South were given a third battalion for "Blue" in 1942, in the case of PR 15 this was originally II./PR35 from 4 PD. PR15 still had its third battalion at Kursk.
- Posts: 682
- Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:48 am
- Location: USA
Oblt. Klaus Piontek received the DKiG on 9.10.42.
When you're in command..... command!
Return to “Commanders, Personalities & Award Holders”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests