Rochus Misch

Individual German officers, soldiers and award holders.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Helmut Von Moltke

Rochus Misch

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

hi, does anyone know if Rochus Misch, a SS clerk in Hitler's HQ, is still alive? I rung his up a few months ago with the help of the German telephone directory search engine, http://www.dastelefonbuch.de/, had a nice chat, wanted to do it again today but somehow his listing is gone. Anyone got any ideas, is he being harrased so he removed it, or has he passed away? thanks. :(

helmut
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

I have heard Rochus Misch has passed away.
Annelie

Post by Nordwest »

Annelie wrote:I have heard Rochus Misch has passed away.
Latest "news" about R. Misch (incl. photos): http://germany.indymedia.org/2006/01/137551.shtml

Michael
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Please do mention that this is a german leftwing extremist website that you linked :wink:

Jan-Hendrik
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Jan-Hendrik wrote:Please do mention that this is a german leftwing extremist website that you linked :wink:
Jan-Hendrik
Afraid of Guido Knopp again, Jan Hendrik?

It is just a link with some photos of Misch, who gives a @{ %E :roll: :evil: about the site...

Michael
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

oh my, some stupid pics on that website, Left wing guys waving flags in front of Rochus Misch. Is this how they treat their veterans? outrageous, some should know what Charles De Gaulle said "A Nation's character is judged by how it treats their veterans." :(
Laurent Daniel
Enthusiast

Post by Laurent Daniel »

Hi Helmut,
Helmut Von Moltke wrote:oh my, some stupid pics on that website, Left wing guys waving flags in front of Rochus Misch
Shocking, indeed.
Please don't call those heinous activists "Left wing". They are waving an Israeli flag. The people in Israel who have that sort of attitude are in the extreme right, not the left.

Is that sort of harassment legal in Germany?
In France, they would have been arrested or at least quickly and strongly dispersed.
Regards
Daniel Laurent
Jan-Hendrik
Patron

Post by Jan-Hendrik »

Damn , Michael , the indyblödia-link is e very good expample for the effect of Verknoppung ! A youth filled with typical black-white-stereotypes und pushed by an indefined propaganda ( that itself seems not to have any logic ) , they feclare themself as leftists , as "antifaschists" , but theiy act and behave like 110 % facists !

Jan-Hendrik
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Jan-Hendrik wrote:Damn , Michael , the indyblödia-link is e very good expample for the effect of Verknoppung ! A youth filled with typical black-white-stereotypes und pushed by an indefined propaganda ( that itself seems not to have any logic ) , they feclare themself as leftists , as "antifaschists" , but theiy act and behave like 110 % facists !
Jan-Hendrik
:up:

Vollste Zustimmung!!!

Michael
Alex Dekker
Associate

Post by Alex Dekker »

But is he alive still, or has he passed away indeed?
Always in need for info about: Dutchmen in the NSKK, HJ and TeNo.
Richard F

Post by Richard F »

I got Rochus Adress if any is interessted to write to him just send me an PM, but beware ive heard that he gets about 200 letters aday.

Richard
Richard F

Post by Richard F »

Well i see it this way atleast its worth a try either you get a reply or you dont really cant loose anything.
Many are left wing threat or spam letters then?
Yeah that is why i dont put the adress out on the Forum.

Richard
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Richard,

it is an "unwritten law", NOT to publish any address in a public forum, especially no adresses of veterans.

Herr Misch, as any other veteran, deserves privacy (Datenschutz)!

I just wanted to mention this.

Michael

P.S. This belonges also about sending his adress to other users here via PM, to people one knows only from a internet forum, after a few postings...

P.S.S. There was a controversial topic in the AHF some time ago, started by a user(in), who visited Misch personally.
Such a topic does NOT belong in any public forum, not here, and not at AHF, just my very personal opinion.
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

And let me add a personal note...

The way, Misch was "slaughtered", and "abused" by the media, not only the german media over the last years, this is a cryin shame!

The media made of Misch a "simple minded" man, this makes me very angry.

To me, Herr Misch is a honest contemporary witness, sometimes a little bit to "unkonwn", about what happened around him, after more than 60! years.

I feel sorry for Rochus Misch.

Michael
Richard F

Post by Richard F »

Im sorry i didnt know this.
There was a controversial topic in the AHF some time ago, started by a user(in), who visited Misch personally.
Such a topic does NOT belong in any public forum, not here, and not at AHF, just my very personal opinion.
It was from AHF i got his adress via PM.

Richard