Operation Bagration.

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Daymo66

Operation Bagration.

Post by Daymo66 »

Hello all.

Amazing site! Please may I have some assistance?

I'm a wargamer, and want to write a series of 6 scenarios based on the exploitation phase of Bagration and the battles for Minsk.

I'm a bit stuck for sources, and only really have the Osprey book, which is great for a start. I have Von Mellethin's book, but again the details is a bit sparse.....

Ive been going round in circles and not really making headway. It doesn't need to be exact, but having some better understanding of the units and equipment involved, the terrain and what actually happened would be amazing

I'm looking at 5 battles at trying to get some ideas about WHAT actually happened, what the terrain was like and some granularity on the forces involved....

If someone could help or a least point me in the righ direction I'd be delighted to help chip in with a small donation to site costs.

28th - 29th June
505 Hvy PnZ Btn engage Soviet 3rd Guards Tank Corp at Krupki Station.
I have a rough idea and know the battle went on through the night - but more details would be great....Was the 505 supported by other units, or was it just a load of Tigers?

29th June
89th Panzer Engineer Battalion ambush Recon Elements of the 3rd Guards Tank Corps at Berezina River crossing at Borisov
Again.... what happened, what were the 89th equipped with, were they supported?

29th -June
5th Panzer Div / Recce Btn fight of the Soviet 29th Tank Corps attempting a river crossing of the Berezina River at Studenka
As above.... what happened, what were the 5th equipped with, were they supported?

30th June
5th Pnz Div / Recce Btn beat off an outflanking attack by the 11th Guards Army (5 Motorized Rifle Div) , whilts they attempt a crossing of the Berezina River at Zeblim

30th June
German Police Units are engaged by elements of the 11th Guards Army (5 Motorized Rifle Div) during a river crossing of the Berezina River South of Borisov

Ant advice on the above would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers
D
vietanderspektahl

Re: Operation Bagration.

Post by vietanderspektahl »

Do you speak German? If so this particular link will give you a pretty full OOB and action outline:

http://www.forum-der-wehrmacht.de/index ... ead/25546/