pow lazarett

German unit histories, lineages, OoBs, ToEs, commanders, fieldpost numbers, organization, etc.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

diverden

pow lazarett

Post by diverden »

my father was captured and wounded in France and received treatment at two hospitals POW lazarett NAUMBURG IN JUNE1940 and was transferred to POW LAZARETT BAD LAUSICK IN JULY ,if any one can let me have any details of ether of these lazaretts it will help me enormously.
Prosper Vandenbroucke
Enthusiast

Re: pow lazarett

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke »

Hello,
I didn't found very much.
There was (and I guess it's still existing) a prison in Naumburg an der Saale. This town is located west of Leipzig
There where also two Reservelazaretts (Rerservelazarett I and Reservelazarett II but i think that they were opened during the war and not at the beginning of the war.
Concerning Bad Lausick, it's also a little town near Leipzig and there was a Wehrmachtlazarett at Hermannsbad (maybe a suburb) opened in 1939 and exists till 1945
There was also a Reservelazarett but opened in 1941 and closed in 1943.
I didn't found something about a POW Lazarett at Naumburg neither at Bad Lausick.
Very sorry and apoliges for my poor english knowledge.
Kindly regards from Belgium
Prosper :wink:
diverden

Re: pow lazarett

Post by diverden »

thanks for the information prosper, it has given me some were else to look into, and don't apologies for your English it is good a lot better than my Flemish ,regards den